- Colloidal Silica Manufacture
- Phase Transfer Catalysts Manufacture
- Desalination of fruit juice
Removal of tartaric acid from wine
- Desalination of pharma / chemical intermediates
- Desalination of cheese whey
- Desalination of soy sauce
- Production of amino acids from amino acid salts
- Desalination of starch sugar, soybean saccharide, xylose and xylito desalination
- Acid recovery from stainless steel pickling effluent
- Recovery of electroplating solutions
- Production of acid and alkali from inorganic salts/industrial waste streams
- Acid recovery of aluminum foil pickling process
- Production of organic acid from organic acid salt
Desalination of pharmaceutical intermediates and chemical intermediates.
There are several applications of Electrodialysis in the pharmaceutical industry such as recovery of Lactic acid from fermentation broth; most of these applications are concerned with desalting/desalination of solutions containing valuable components such as certain Proteins or Dextrans. Here, Electrodialysis is often competing with dialysis and ion-exchange, but in most cases Electrodialysis is the superior process in terms of process economics and product quality. Especially in downstream processing in biotechnology Electrodialysis is more and more replacing conventional ion exchange techniques.