- Colloidal Silica Manufacture
- Phase Transfer Catalysts Manufacture
- Desalination of fruit juice
Removal of tartaric acid from wine
- Desalination of pharma / chemical intermediates
- Desalination of cheese whey
- Desalination of soy sauce
- Production of amino acids from amino acid salts
- Desalination of starch sugar, soybean saccharide, xylose and xylito desalination
- Acid recovery from stainless steel pickling effluent
- Recovery of electroplating solutions
- Production of acid and alkali from inorganic salts/industrial waste streams
- Acid recovery of aluminum foil pickling process
- Production of organic acid from organic acid salt
Production of organic acid from organic acid salt
Organic acids are those organic compounds which are acids, and they include Carboxylic acids, Enols, Phenols, Sulfonic acids, Mercapto-compounds, and Phosphonic acids. They have been widely used in foods, beverages, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, detergents, plastics, resins, and other biochemical or chemical products, and thus have a close relationship with human’s daily life.
When it comes to the separation and production of organic acids after fermentation, EDBM – combination with Crystallization, Distillation, Nanofiltration etc…. is the most competitive technology because of its predominance in simultaneous supply of H+and OH− /Alkoxide ions without salt introduction or discharge, salt conversion, technological symbiosis, and resource utilization.
This technique has been used for the production of Formic acid, Acetic acid, Propionic acid, Lactic acid, Citric acid, p-toluene sulfonic acid, Salicylic acid, Itaconic acid, Vitamin C, Gluconic acid, and some other Amino acids.
EDBM stacks for production of organic acids from their respective salts are available.